Consider this: you’ll never find two people with the exact same playlist. No matter how similar your taste in music might be to someone else’s, there’ll never be an exact match. A playlist is like musical DNA, each song telling a unique story and eliciting a different emotion from every individual listener.
My love of music and my fascination with the meaning people attribute to it made me curious. I know which songs I can’t live without, but what about everyone else?
That’s what Music On Repeat is all about– a conversation with music listeners, creators, and die-hard fans, talking about the songs that mean the most to them.
Each episode, I’ll have a different guest prepared to talk about two songs which have influenced their tastes in music, going into detail about the stories that helped form these binding musical ties.
You can also check me out on Soundcloud.
- Music On Repeat Episode 16: ‘Creating moments, not music,’ with Nils H.
- Music On Repeat Episode 15: “We’re having a classy time now guys,” with Anna C.
- Music On Repeat Episode 14: Cumbia y Colombia with Juan C.
- Music On Repeat Episode 13: Metal fans are people too, with Taylor S.
- Music On Repeat Episode 12: ‘It doesn’t take a genius to have a good time’ with Ishaq F.
- Music On Repeat Episode 11: Hip Hop and Politics with Toni N.
- Music On Repeat Episode 10: Spanish Songs and Indie Influences with Abel B.
- Music On Repeat Episode 9: Techno and House with DJ Jon R.
- Music On Repeat Episode 8: Say Bonjour to Monsieur Shwill
- Music On Repeat Episode 7: Bowie, Barcelona, and ballads with Freddie B.
- Music On Repeat Episode 6: Bass, bass, and more bass with Diane D.
- Music On Repeat Episode 5: The Postal Service and J. Cole with Frank M.
- Music On Repeat Episode 4: Emo Rock and Indie Folk With Brian W.
- Music On Repeat Episode 3: Brit Rock and Indie Folk with Sançar S.
- Music On Repeat Episode 2: Grunge and Psychedelic with James C.
- Music On Repeat Episode 1: Oakland & Rap with Jimmy F.
Check out the Music On Repeat playlist on Spotify for all the tracks featured in each episode.